SEARCH IS ON FOR 2020 FIL-AM OF SCV SCHOLARS
Dear Fellow Filipino-Americans,
The Fil-Am Association of SCV, Inc. (Fil-Am) is announcing its annual search for candidates for the Jose Rizal Scholastic Achievement Award (JRSAA). This award is established as part of the Fil-Am Association’s commitment to promote educational excellence in our Filipino-American youth. It is open to students graduating from high school, or an equivalency, who qualify under the established criteria set by the association.
Applicants must meet the following qualifying criteria:
1. Must be of Filipino descent whose parent(s) reside(s) or is/are employed in the Santa Clarita Valley area.
2. Must be a graduating senior in high school, or an equivalency, and will be enrolling in college. Students enrolling in a college accelerated program within the same qualifying year are eligible to apply.
3. Must have earned a minimum GPA of 3.50 (weighted).
4. Must be involved in extra-curricular activities in school, community, or the Fil-Am Association’s projects or events.
Should the applicant meet the above criteria, the following documents are required for submission:
1. A completed online application form.
2. An official sealed copy of the high school transcript of records to be mailed by the school directly to the Scholarship Committee, Fil-Am Association of SCV, P.O. Box 801753, Valencia CA 91380.
3. A letter of recommendation from a school official.
4. A 400- to 500-word essay on the topic specified on the online application form.
The applicant must be available for a personal interview with the Fil-Am Scholarship Committee on the date specified on the application form.
The following awards will be given to three outstanding candidates:
First Prize $ 1,500.00
Second Prize $ 750.00
Third Prize $ 500.00
In addition, each awardee will receive a Plaque of Recognition; and the essays will be featured in the association’s newsletter, Kababayan.
Apply now and become part of the Fil-Am of SCV's "The Scholars Circle" by Registering here.
Deadline for submission of application is Friday, April 17, 2020.
For more queries, you can send it to the Scholarship Committee at email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Fil-Am of SCV