Sun, Dec 05|
RYAN'S BOBA BISTRO
PAROL MAKING WORKSHOP AND CONTEST
Feeling festive and creative? Join our Parol Making Contest and showcase our traditional Filipino Christmas Lanterns and Win Fabulous Prizes!
Dec 05, 2021, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
RYAN'S BOBA BISTRO, 18344 Soledad Canyon Rd, Santa Clarita, CA 91387, USA
Feeling festive and creative? Join our Parol Making Contest, showcase our traditional Filipino Christmas Lanterns, and win prizes!
Bring out your creativity, take out your glitters, hot glues, scissors, and all your creative supplies, and showcase your hidden artistic talent! Come to our Parol Making Workshop and join the Parol Making Contest, in which your Parol will be showcased at our Annual Christmas Party.
We'll provide the essential supplies to make a Parol, such as bamboo sticks, colored paper, colored cellophane, glue guns, wire, and rubber bands.
Bling, Lights, Unique Material: Please bring whatever you want to enhance your Parol for the contest!!! Check out the Judging Criteria below.
Registration is $10 per entry, which includes the supplies for a basic Parol.
First Place will win a $100 Gift Card
Second Place will win a $75 Gift Card
Third Place will win a $50 Gift Card
Participants will parade their Parols at our Annual Christmas Party on Saturday, Dec 11, 2021, at the Newhall Community Center, and the winners will be announced during the event.
1. Parol must be a 5-point traditional star with a tail.
2. Any Size is acceptable.
3. Parol must be colorful and hand-made during our Parol-making Workshop.
4. Fil-am will provide essential tools & supplies, and you are welcome to bring your own supplies to embellish your design for the contest.
6. Lights are allowed, but candles are not permissible.
7. Parols must be left and displayed at the workshop venue for the week before picking up on the day of the Christmas Party. You must bring your Parol to the party by 4:30pm.
8. Parols will be showcased, and winners will be announced during Fil-Am's Christmas Party.
Bamboo Sticks, Multi-colored Japanese paper and cellophane, glue, rubber bands, hot glue gun & sticks
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
Creativity (25 pts)
Workmanship and Durability (25 pts)
Originality (20 pts)
Relevance to Christmas (20 pts)
Presentation (10 pts)
Total (100 pts)
Here is a YouTube video to show you how to make a Parol:
Please be sure to reserve your spot for the Workshop to ensure we have enough supplies for everyone.
If you have any questions about the contest, please feel free to reach out via E-mail or Messenger.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon!
WORKSHOP REGISTRATION FEE
+$0.25 service fee
Registration Fee for each Parol
+$0.25 service fee0