Board of Officers
Vice President: Zeny Justiniano
Secretary: Fatima Purdy
Treasurer: Linda Crawford
Auditor: Annie Bella
Public Relations Officer: Tony Guiao
Board Members: Rommel del Rosario, Sunny Sarte
Board of Alternates: Cecile Gordon, Jeck Narciso
Board of Advisors: Ed Arguelles, Dr.Carol Mendoza, Rafael Mariano, Pete Imperial, Art Caranto
City of Council Representatives: Cezar Obnial, Fred Bertulfo
HIGHLIGHTS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
Grand Induction & Valentine Ball at the Hyatt Valencia on February 15, 2005! What a Night!
Easter Picnic at the Santa Clarita Park in March, 2005
SCV Pride Week- City Clean Up at the Heritage Park in April, 2005
Filipiniana Cultural Event An exciting All-week series of events with the Fil-Am community leaders and City Officials (June 6-12, 2005) featuring:
1. Sining Ginto Cultural Dance Troupe and local singers Presentation
2. A Filipino Cultural Exhibit on display at the Valencia Library
3. Philippine history books and famous Filipino novels from Jose Rizal, our National Hero donated to the Valencia Library for Students use.
4. A Student Forum held with community speakers talking about Philippine History, Immigration, and State of our City, led by Ken Pulscamp, Larry Miranda, and Flaviano Pagador.
5. The traditional June Fest Dinner & Dance held in the evening, where 3 great Scholars Miko Tayoba, Jeremy Schein, and Marc Miranda, were awarded respectively. What a week!
Golf, Basketball, Bowling, "Let's Get Physical" Exercise Sessions at the Spectrum Club (spring and summer 2005).
Thanksgiving Dinner & Dance for the SCV Seniors at the OLPH Hall (November 2005)
Caroling and Holiday Party at the OLPH Hall, to celebrate the spirit of the season with our
family and Fil-Am friends. (Dec 2005)
Joe and Zony with daughters Anna and Abby
Zony is a Mass Communications graduate from the University of the Philippines and a graduate of the MDP- (Management Development Program) from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business. When she moved to Los Angeles in 1984, she met her future husband Joe and got married 2 years after. She eventually worked at Sprint doing Customer Service and later Project Management. While at Sprint, she completed her Project Management Certification Program at the UC lrvine.
She is currently a Realtor at Keller Williams, Valencia. She was the President of Santa Clarita Creative Guild, was a Co-chair for the Annual Art classic event of the Santa Clarita Artist Association at William S Hart Park. She is a painter by hobby, and is an Art Appreciation teacher volunteer at Stevenson Ranch Elementary School.
Joe, her husband was born in San Francisco, and is a Liberal Arts Graduate from USF (University of San Francisco). He left a career in Finance, and finished Culinary Arts at the Kitchen Academy in West Hollywood. He is a Chef at the Embassy Suites in Valencia.
They have two beautiful daughters, Anna and Abigail and a big black dog named Zeke!
"Mabuhay Fil-Am" - Zony Gordon
2005 Highlights & Accomplishments
2005 Events, Programs & Activities