Board of Officers
Vice President: Lourdes Owen
Secretary: Tess Carlos-Micu
Assistant Secretary: Tess Simgen
Treasurer: Zeny Benitez
Auditor: Jennifer Dagcuta
Public Relations Officer: Liza Lieberman
Board of Members: Carlo Alberto, Odon Dizon, Joel Javan, Art Rivera
Board of Trustees: Fred Bertulfo, Art Caranto, Linda Crawford, Zony Gordon, Zeny Justiniano
Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science at the University of Santo Tomas. It’s also where he met his then college sweetheart, Theresa. They are blessed with three children: Trisha, Arjay and Arissa. Arnold and Theresa have been in the Financial Services Industry for more than 23 years and currently manage a team of professionals specializing in Insurance, Educational and Retirement Planning. Moved to Santa Clarita Valley in 2010 and introduced to Fil-Am of SCV as a guest during the induction ball in 2012.
He became a member of the board and in 2013 was elected as vice-president, which he served in the same capacity from 2014 until 2015. He hopes that the current generation of young Filipinos born in the US will continue to value our rich cultural heritage and be proud of the Filipino part of their identity.
This is the reason why he became involved with Fil-Am of SCV. He believes that we have the responsibility to be the faithful keepers of our rich heritage. He aims to provide our Filipino-American youth the opportunity to develop an appreciation and healthy respect for our Filipino culture for they are the future of our organization.
THE YEAR’S HIGHLIGHTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Philippine President’s Meeting with the Fil-Am Community Leaders L.A. – Hilton LAX
• Induction of officers at the Embassy Suites Valencia
• Bridge to Home – Feed the Homeless
• Easter Picnic-featured Filipino games like patintero & pabitin
• Awarded local scholars and a new Philippine scholar
• Dia De Los Ninos – cultural dance showcase by Fil-Am youths
• Annual donation pledge to OLPH church
• 4th of July Parade – Best in Theme, 3rd Place
• Pechanga Buscapade I – fundraising event
• River Rally participation
• Bingo’s first ever “Fun”draiser at Vincenzo’s pizzeria
• SCV Marathon participation
• Pechanga Buscapade 2 – fundraising event
• Parol Workshop at the senior center
• Christmas Party/Cultural Presentation – a showcase of Christmas traditions such as: Simbang Gabi, Caroling, Parol, Noche Buena, Panunuluyan, Aguinaldo, Balikbayan box, etc.
2016 Highlights & Accomplishments